What We Mean By 'Natural' Skincare
There’s a drive and desire for safer, natural skincare products, but what’s confusing is that there’s no one standard definition about what ‘natural’ actually means.
Therefore, Trade Right International (TRI) have spent time looking to define the standards for manufacturing carishea to be truly natural products.
TRI hold three central core values which determine and focus all we do, say, and produce.
We trade FAIR
We act ETHICALLY
We produce SUSTAINABLY
These three form the bedrock of our ethos as we approach formulating and manufacturing our skincare range of products.
With this in mind, a ‘natural’ carishea product is one where:
- Botanically derived ingredients are used that actually nourish skin and body
- Ingredients are as close to nature and as minimally processed as possible
- There is little environmental impact during manufacturing and use
- Each ingredient and product meets the regulatory standards for safety
- Each recipe and formula is simple and uncomplicated
So, what do these four principles mean in practice?
- It means, as far as possible, we only use COSMOS and Ecocert approved ingredients
- No ingredient has been tested on animals
- carishea skincare products are free from:
- Contaminated Lanolin
- Petrochemicals / Mineral Oils
- Formaldehyde releasers
- Sodium Lauryl (SLS) and Laureth Sulphate (SLES)
- GM ingredients
- Herbicides or pesticide residues
Information on Shea Butter
Information on Coconut Oil
Go to the Carishea Shop